Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Green Smoothies and Accordion Potatoes

Hey everyone!

Today I made one of my favorite meals ever. And also I've started drinking green smoothies. They're amazing!
So anyway, I know its been a really long time since I last posted!! I'm really trying to get better at posting here. So read more and I'll post more :-P

So my sister, Karmen, got married last Saturday and went away for her honeymoon. YAY!! She was the most beautiful bride ever!! And I'm so proud of her!! But more on that later.
   
 

And Thank you to Spontaneous Photography for the wonderful photos!! 
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Spontaneous-Photography/110393865716230?hc_location=timeline

So back onto food....






SO to get started, I just made four potatoes today, since it was just me!

Heat you're oven to 425 degrees.

I scrub the potatoes to remove dirt and then carefully, Slice the potato but not all the way through. Just so the potato is still intact. 

Take about half a stick of butter, a 1/2 teaspoon of thyme, a couple dashes of season salt, a dash of white pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of garlic (Fresh of powder)

Melt the butter and stir all the spices together.

Now you're going to go in with either a pastry brush or a spoon and put this mixture in between each layer of that delicious potato!

I also cut a fresh lemon up and put the two halves in the dish for extra flavor.

So just throw it in the oven and bake for... about 35-40 minutes. (I also had really small potatoes, so the cooking time might vary.)


 Alright, while that cooks, its time to get out the blender! 

I took one green apple, cut it in half, cored it, threw it in.
Then one banana, cut up.
I also added a couple of fresh strawberry's in.
And 2 cups of kale, cut up.

Now blend it! This might take a little effort to get it to blend well. I spent like 10 minutes trying to get all the yummy good things to go through!

But finally there was success!

Okay so now, put that in the fridge to cool, and check on the potatoes. 

You want to cook them untill they are soft on the inside and a little crispy on the edges.
Perfection!

I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

Totes for now,
Kimmy XoXoXo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment