Sunday, August 31, 2014

Are you to busy to serve?




Holla me peoples!

So  I only have 2 more weeks here at the CCM and then its out to IDAHO I go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember when I got my mission call and everyone making that last minute guess as to where I was going. And then opening it and reading the words "Pocatello Idaho Spanish Speaking" Now you can only imagine my shock and disappointment. But I put on my happy face and celebrated with my family.

It took me months to come to terms with my call. I thought I wasn't good enough to go somewhere like Japan or Argentina. I thought Heavenly Father was disappointed in me or something.

I read a quote from a talk that said "The Lord does not call you to serve in one place. He calls you to serve in place of the Savoir"
I realized it didn't matter where I served or what language I would speak. The Savoir served in small places. He was there to heal the sick, teach them the gospel, and to be there friend. It doesnt matter where you go, or how cool your mission area is. 
You are there to teach in his place. Lose yourself, study His words, teach with the spirit. Be yourself. Someone needs the light you have inside. 

Mosiah 2:17 says "And behold I tell you these things that yes may learn Wisdom that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God"

Are you to busy to serve?? Time for a story!

In his monthly newsletter to his ward a young bishop wrote of a group of religion instructures at a theological seminary who were taking the summer course on the life of the Savior- One focusing particularly on the parables. When Final exam time came, the students arrived at the class room to find a not on the table stating that the exam would be given in another building across campus. The note also said they would only have a 2 hour time period that was starting at that moment..
The students hurried across campus. On the way they passed a little girl crying over a flat tire on her bike, A old man hobbling painfully toward the library with a cane in one hand spilling his books. On a bench by the union building sat a shabbily dressed, bearded man with a sign: "I need money to eat, please help me" 
rushing into the other classroom the students were met by the professor, who announced that they had all failed the final exam. The only true test of whether they understood the Saviors life and teaching, he said was how they treated people in need. Their weeks of study at the feet of a capable professor had taught them a great deal of what Christ had said and done. But nothing they learned in class was as effective as the lesson they learned from the professors exam. 


Take time to help others. You never know who you will help and what life's you will change

Hermana Bell 
 
A minion

Sister missionary selfie




 

No comments:

Post a Comment