Friday, July 11, 2014

Focus on the why, not the where.

 I've learned a very valuable lesson.
Sometimes we (And I also mean me!) get too caught up in the "Where will I go to serve my mission?" Instead of "Why am I going?"

Its a good question. Every current, future, past sister (and elder) missionary should ask themselves this question.

I did.

It has changed my perspective on everything!

So why am I serving?

Why did I want to go in the first place?

I had sort of pondered serving a mission late last year.

Then after my beautiful sister got married in January, I really put a lot of thought into it.

I talked to my branch President, worked countless hours on my papers, pulled those pesky wisdom teeth, and submitted my papers.

Not even 3 weeks later I had my mission call in my hand!

Now lets all face it, you're first thoughts were "Where am I going!?" (Guilty person here XD)

Family and friends gather in person, via phone or skype.

They all ask the same question... "Where?"

Not once since receiving my call to serve has anyone asked me "Why?"

So I'm asking myself.

And I'm challenging you all to do the same.

Being called to Idaho I had mixed feelings. I felt that I wasn't good enough to go to a foreign mission.

I got to caught up in the where!

"You are not called to serve in a place, you are called to serve in place of the Savior."

Never before has a statement been so true!

Jesus Christ spent his whole life serving others, teaching, healing, comforting, and being the biggest example to all of us.

He said to our Heavenly Father "Not my will but yours be done"

If he could give his whole life, suffering all that pain! For us and for our Heavenly Father.

The least I can do is serve for 18 months.

Trying to be a example like him. To serve the wonderful people in Idaho.

So why am I going??!

Imagine you discovered a beautiful and delicious cake, would you want to hide that cake and keep it all to you're self. Or would you want to share it with all you're family and friends?

The gospel is just like that cake, its beautiful and amazing! I want to share the gospel! I see how much it blesses my own life. I want others to have that same joy, that same blessing! I can't imagine my life without it.

I want to share with every single person in this world! I want them to realize that hey this is the best thing ever!!

Idaho needs missionary's just as much as Argentina  or China.

Just because you get called stateside does not make you less of a missionary!

Heavenly Father knows where we need to be! He knows that I'm needed in Idaho. He knows that I need to learn spanish.

I don't know why, maybe I never will. But I know that its where I need to be.

I leave in 18 days and as each day passes I get more and more excited about going to Idaho to share this wonderful gospel!

Remember its not about where we are going. Its why and what we will be doing that counts :-)

Hey I'm getting better at this blog thing ;-)

Kimmy XoXOXo








No comments:

Post a Comment