Monday, July 13, 2015

Tres semanas y un baptizado!

It's been crazy! 
Sam our investigator we started teaching on July 1st is getting baptized this Saturday! He is the most prepared person in the whole world! His teaching schedule is crazy, we are teaching him a lesson every single day this week, and one right before his baptism on Saturday. He is so excited though. He will be the first member in his family, and he told us last night that his mom and sisters will be coming to the baptism! We were hoping they would, not only for support but also to see the Church and to meet us. 

  We started teaching a 14 year old girl, Emily, this last week. She has been going to church with a friend for a while and she finally expressed her interests in taking the lessons. 
  We had interviews with our new Mission President on Tuesday morning. And it was so awesome to get to know him and his wife, who is probably the cutest person in the whole world. We are having a district activity today and we wanted to make waffles but no of us had a recipe for waffles and of course we don't have internet access here so I texted our mission presidents wife and she had us come over and gave us a amazing recipe for waffles (She's a pintrest addict like me haha) 
  It's so awesome living just 3 miles from the mission home, so that we have the chance to get to know her! 
  


Spiritual thought: 1 Corinthians 10:13 "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."

I love this scripture so much! It's true, we will have trials in our life, sometimes we will have so many trials in our life we will feel like we can't handle them, like we are trapped in this darkness that seems so inescapable that we lose all hope and direction. However God knows you better than we know yourself sometimes. He gives us trials, no one enjoys them, but He also provides a way to climb that wall, to wade the river of darkness. So no matter what happens in your life, the good and the bad, keep a smile on your face. Stay positive and be a better person because of your trials. 

As one of my mentors used to say "Bitter or better" 

The choice is yours, you are the writer of your story, you can be whoever you want. It all starts with a thought. Those thoughts turn to action, which will decide who you are. 

I love you all so much and look forward to your emails all week! 

Hermana Bell.   



The photo is me and my district after our interviews. From left to right in the back is: President and sister Hancock from Arizona, Elder Anderson from Lenexa KS, Elder Torina from Jijian islands, Elder Edgerly from Alabama, Elder Yates from Canada, and then the Mission President's assistants, Elder Haws, and Elder Funchie from Brazil. And in the front is Me, Sister Worrall from Tulsa Oklahoma, and Sister Hatch from Arizona.



Birthday Fun July 8th!

Let me tell you about my birthday.... When it rains it pours!






We had a zone training that morning so we show up.... fashionably late... And sit down. And our Zone leader announced that there was very exciting news to announce.... "It's Hermana Bell's birthday" 



  I have no idea how they found out but they did. And they sang me a very off key birthday song. The Sister Training Leaders took me to chilies for a birthday lunch and then we went to a lesson. 

So I get back to the apartment and open the door and.... Our whole apartment was decorated. It looked like a wedding hahaha! And they baked me a cake and everything! Hahaha I love my zone they are so awesome and they made my whole day so special. 



So later that night we were planning and it was around 10pm and we heard a knock and went down and answered it (and I really wish I had this on video, it was glorious! Bahaha) It was my zone leaders, and they sang happy birthday to me and then threw some stuff at me, and then danced this really crazy dance in the parking lot... It was amazing! I was laughing so hard that I cried! 

No comments:

Post a Comment