Friday, March 28, 2014

I'mPossible



Music is a different form of words. Its how our hearts connect! I will soon be leaving on a full time mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and I will be leaving behind something very dear to my heart; My Music. The one thing that has pulled me out of stupid troubles and told me it was okay. I threw myself into it. Even tho I was a very late starter on both Piano and the Violin. I would practice day and night. Self teaching myself chords, half steps/whole steps, rhythm, etc. Eventually taking a few lessons when I got a job at 16. It was a gift my Heavenly Father gave me and I'm so very thankful to Him for it! I'm thankful to my dad for buying a cheap keyboard out of no where and bringing it home, that first inspired me to really learn music. I'm grateful for my mom's honesty and criticism that pushed me to become better! If you have a dream, don't just put it on a shelf for "next year" Pull it off that shelf everyday, dust it off, polish it till it gleams. Use it! Everyone has a dream. Why shouldn't you have yours. In life we have to take chances, we have to be brave to take that first step out the door and get swept away on a journey, much like Bilbo from the Hobbit. There may be many Gandalf's out there, giving you that shove, even when you're so desperately wanting to stay in you're nice, comfy hobbit hole. But what happened to Bilbo in the story? He became a better hobbit for it! Yes he had trials. But the rain always comes before the rainbow. Everyone has a excuse! Don't think I didn't try using one. I used to say "I'll never be good enough, I started too late. Everyone else was classically trained in music!" I couldn't let that stop me! I could be one of the very few adult prodigies out there today. I may not even get to perform professionally. But I'll get to live my dream. I hope you will take a moment to think about you're dreams. Make a dream board even, or simply write it down. But don't set it aside to do it tomorrow! Do it now. You could be working on little things everyday that will get you closer to you're dreams. And don't let anyone tell you that you're dreams or a waste of time. That you'll never accomplish them! You will if you work on it, you will touch the sky one day! Remember, nothing is Impossible (I'm Possible) They said that women would never be doctors. But today we almost have more women doctors then men. 



By Edgar Albert Guest
Somebody said that it couldn’t be done
      But he with a chuckle replied
That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one
      Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried.
So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin
      On his face. If he worried he hid it.
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
      That couldn’t be done, and he did it!

Somebody scoffed: “Oh, you’ll never do that;
      At least no one ever has done it;”
But he took off his coat and he took off his hat
      And the first thing we knew he’d begun it.
With a lift of his chin and a bit of a grin,
      Without any doubting or quitting,
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
      That couldn’t be done, and he did it.

There are thousands to tell you it cannot be done,
      There are thousands to prophesy failure,
There are thousands to point out to you one by one,
      The dangers that wait to assail you.
But just buckle in with a bit of a grin,
      Just take off your coat and go to it;
Just start in to sing as you tackle the thing
      That “cannot be done,” and you’ll do it.


 Today Disney rakes in billions from merchandise, movies and theme parks around the world, but Walt Disney himself had a bit of a rough start. He was fired by a newspaper editor because, “he lacked imagination and had no good ideas.” (In fact that newspaper was the Kansas City Star!!) After that, Disney started a number of businesses that didn’t last too long and ended with bankruptcy and failure. He kept plugging along, however, and eventually found a recipe for success that worked.

 While today he is remembered as one of the greatest leaders of our nation, Abraham Lincoln’s life wasn’t so easy. In his youth he went to war a captain and returned a private (if you’re not familiar with military ranks, just know that private is as low as it goes.) Lincoln didn’t stop failing there, however. He started numerous failed business and was defeated in numerous runs he made for public office.

During her career, Lucille Ball had thirteen Emmy nominations and four wins, also earning the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Kennedy Center Honors. Before starring in I Love Lucy, Ball was widely regarded as a failed actress and a B movie star. Even her drama instructors didn’t feel she could make it, telling her to try another profession. She, of course, proved them all wrong.

J.K. Rowling may be rolling in a lot of Harry Potter dough today, but before she published the series of novels she was nearly penniless, severely depressed, divorced, trying to raise a child on her own while attending school and writing a novel. Rowling went from depending on welfare to survive to being one of the richest women in the world in a span of only five years through her hard work and determination.

 In his formative years, young Beethoven was incredibly awkward on the violin and was often so busy working on his own compositions that he neglected to practice. Despite his love of composing, his teachers felt he was hopeless at it and would never succeed with the violin or in composing. Beethoven kept plugging along, however, and composed some of the best-loved symphonies of all time–five of them while he was completely deaf.


They were told, no they couldn't. But did that stop them? Apparently not! 

Kimmy XoXoXo 

No comments:

Post a Comment